Mathematics Opening at Oakland School for the Arts
Oakland School for the Arts in Oakland, CA is currently receiving applications for the 2015-2016 school year for one high school and one middle school math position. You must officially apply via Edjoin. No calls please.
OSA is a school of approximately 750 students. It is an independent public charter school and district to which students gain admission by application and audition into one of up to 10 forms of artistic discipline. At OSA, we are committed to teaching in ways that engage all types of learning styles and students. The school has the support of the community, grants and benefactors in addition to Federal funding. Closing date is 6/5/15, or until filled.
Post Falls School District 273 in Post Falls, ID is currently receiving applications for the 2015-2016 school year for a high school math position. You must officially apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to http://www.pfsd.com. PFHS is a school of approximately 1500 students. It is a school district committed to doing what is best for students. The school district has the support of the community as we just passed a bond for $24 million.
Mathematics Opening at Vanguard HS
Vanguard HS is currently receiving applications for the 2015-16 school year. We will have an opening this fall in the mathematics department. You must officially apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About Vanguard HS
We are a supportive and collaborative community committed to our students' achievement during and after high school. Research indicates that schools citywide have had trouble meeting the needs of their urban students. The population of Vanguard High School is primarily African-American, African-Caribbean and Latino, with an emerging Asian population. In recognition of our multi-faceted diversity, Vanguard shares a strong commitment to employ staff members with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Please visit our website www.vanguardnyc.net to familiarize yourself with the Vanguard community. You will find specific information about our education philosophy and Coalition of Essential Schools Common Principles.
Expectations of Vanguard Staff Members:
- Actively collaborate with team to plan and implement curriculum decisions; otherwise collaborating with staff.
- Implement written, oral, and visual Performance Based Assessments and project-based curriculum.
- Serve as an Advisor, foster positive and supportive relationships with students.
- Regularly communicate with parents and students around issues concerning students' academic development and emotional well-being.
- Coordinate extracurricular clubs, after-school study groups, and other professional and administrative responsibilities; including participating in weekly after-school meetings, school retreats and tutoring.
- Implement active learning techniques and support all students, including special education and English language learners, in heterogeneous classrooms.
- Content and pedagogical knowledge of subject area.
- Possess effective communication skills including ability to express ideas, share information and to reflect on teaching practices.
- Attend and facilitate professional development opportunities both in-house and within the larger educational community.
- Implement lessons with a block schedule format.
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing standards-based grading.
Expectations of Mathematics Teacher:
Desired candidates should have experience with and/or willingness regarding the following areas:
- Use of NCTM standards and practices in a "teacher as coach" model with a heterogeneous group of students.
- Ongoing use of multiple assessment tools to drive instruction and monitor student progress.
- Teaching for understanding and depth using constructivist learning, rather than "coverage" of topics.
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating exhibitions and projects using rubrics.
- Participation in professional development, such as peer observation, curriculum development workshops, math conferences, etc.
- Experience with CPM, College Preparatory Mathematics (or a willingness to get trained in it)
- Experience with or willingness to get trained in using interactive whiteboards (Vanguard has Promethean ActivBoards)
- Experience with use of the Common Core Mathematical Practices in regular instruction and assessment